The San Ramon Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for its 2011 Night of the Stars Community Awards.
Community members are encouraged to nominate deserving people for five awards: Citizen of the Year, Business Person of the Year, Educator of the Year, Employee of the Year, and “Green” Company/Individual of the Year.
“For more than 25 years, the community awards have recognized individuals from San Ramon who strive each day to make a difference,” said Award Chairperson Terence N. Church, J.D., principal, Morgan Miller Blair, a Law Corporation. “Although there can be only one winner in each category, the nomination is a significant recognition of achievement and dedication to the improvement of our community.”
Anyone may submit nominations for these awards. Nomination forms and information regarding the criteria for each award category are posted on the San Ramon Chamber website, www.SanRamon.org.
Nominations are due by Oct. 3.
Forms may be faxed to 925.242.0603; mailed to the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce, 2410 Camino Ramon, Suite 125, Bishop Ranch 6, San Ramon, CA, 94583; or emailed to email@example.com.
Awards will be presented at the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce A Night of Stars to be held Dec. 8 at in San Ramon. Gala tickets will be available through the Chamber of Commerce.
Last year's Community Award recipients were the following:
- Citizen of the Year, April Rovero,
- Business Person of the Year, Lucky Sandhu,
- Educator of the Year, Joseph Ianora, principal,
- Employee of the Year, Carla Goulart,
- “Green” Company of the Year, , San Ramon, owned by Joe and Angie Nelson
- Chamber of Commerce Ambassador of the Year, Mary Whipple,
- Hero of the Year, Diane Govnik, a teacher at , was nominated by her student Raquel Livson. The San Ramon Valley Leadership group coordinates the Hero of the Year program.
Sponsorships opportunities are available. Contact the chamber office for more information, at 925.242.0600.