From the City of San Ramon
The San Ramon Parks & Community Services Commission will hold its second community forum on Thursday, Sept. 13 at 7:00 p.m. at the .
Following the first community forum on July 14 a Citizen’s Committee was formed to develop recommendations for future Independence Day celebrations in the City of San Ramon. The Citizen’s Committee first developed six event goals that were the basis for developing their event recommendations.
These goals included:
- Encourage citizen participation and allow neighbors to meet neighbors. (Master Plan Goal 2.2)
- Expand special events, creative experiences and funding through community partnerships with businesses, and organizations like the Chamber of Commerce. (Master Plan Goal 3.5)
- Provide an event that will honor the American spirit as well as recognize veterans and armed forces.
- Create an event that recognizes fiscal constraints of the City.
- Event that prioritizes public safety.
- Increase volunteer support to offset staffing costs.
The Citizen’s Committee, based on these goals, has developed five different event scenarios that they will present at the Community Forum on Thursday.
All forum attendees will have an opportunity to review each of the scenarios, provide input and vote to narrow the selection to three event scenarios.
The three selected event scenarios from the Forum will be posted online for public input following the forum through Oct. 5, 2012. The Parks & Community Services Commission will receive the presentation from the Citizen Committee at their October 10, 2012 meeting and will make a formal recommendation to the City Council for final approval in late November early December 2012.
All San Ramon residents, businesses and organization members are invited to attend and participate in the process. For more information please contact the Parks & Community Services Department: 925-973-2600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.