Residents from throughout the Tri-Valley will converge on the Town of Danville July 4 to enjoy one of Danville’s great traditions, the Annual Kiwanis July 4th.
Streets in the downtown will be closed to traffic from 6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. and the parade will run from 9:00 a.m. – Noon.
The parade will begin at San Ramon Valley High School and work its way down Hartz Avenue, continuing south on San Ramon Valley Boulevard to just past Sycamore Valley Road.
Street closures include:
1. Danville Boulevard between El Cerro Boulevard and Railroad Avenue;
2. Railroad Avenue between Hartz Avenue and Love Lane;
3. Love Lane between Railroad Avenue and Verona Avenue;
4. La Gonda Way between El Cerro Road and Danville Boulevard (local traffic only);
5. Hartz Avenue between Railroad Avenue and Hartz Way;
6. San Ramon Valley Boulevard between Hartz Way and Sycamore Valley Road; and
7. Westbound Sycamore Valley Road and Remington Loop between San Ramon Valley Boulevard and Sheri Lane (local resident traffic only)
Many parade attendees set their chairs along the parade route the night before the event. The Town reminds residents that chairs may not be put on the sidewalk prior to 6:00p.m. July 3, 2014.
Town staff will remove any chairs placed prior to that time. In addition, chairs, blankets, etc. should not be placed to obstruct disabled access ramps in the sidewalks.
For more information on the July 4th Parade, contact Lt. Allan Shields at (925) 314-3700 orashields @danville.ca.gov.
—Information submitted by Town of Danville