A 37-year-old man, being placed under arrest for suspected public intoxication shortly after 2 a.m. Sunday on downtown's First Street, put up such a fuss with the Livermore Police Department, back-up units were called to assist, according to individuals at the scene.
"He was clearly resisting getting into the cop car," according to one witness. "They finally managed to get him into the car when he began kicking."
The suspect was removed from the vehicle, and with other officers helping, had his ankles placed in restraints, she said.
He was eventually transported to Santa Rita Jail, Dublin, and booked for alleged drunk-and-disorderly conduct and resisting police, according to files.
His records show a prior Livermore arrest for drunken-driving in 2010.
Also last week, the bomb squad was called, plus numerous vehicular accidents were logged, including a car hitting a house, a car hitting a utility pole, and a freeway collision that sent a semi-truck sliding down the moutainside.
Saturday, Dec. 8
- Female, 55, arrested for suspected driving under the influence 12:39 a.m. on First Street at Southfront Road.
- Another DUI arrest made 2:20 a.m. on Olivina Avenue and North P Street.
- Domestic assault reported 12:42 a.m. on the 2700 block of Briarwood Drive.
- Warrant served 9:26 a.m. on South L and First streets.
- Male, 28, arrested 2:21 a.m. for alleged public intoxication on the 1400 block of First Street.
Friday, Dec. 7
- Theft reports include: 3 p.m. on 2700 Paragon Outlets Drive; 6:18 p.m. on 100 South Livermore Avenue.
- Bomb squad/weapons arrest reported along 1400 Aster Lane.
- Male, 24, arrested for allegedly selling narcotics and giving false identification to police 3:49 p.m. Pine and North P streets.
- DUI logged 7:45 a.m. on 1600 First Street.
- Male, 45, arrested 12:05 a.m. for DUI, possession of drug paraphernalia, use/influence of controlled substances Bluebell and Larkspur drives.
- Domestic assaults reported: 3:21 a.m. on the 5200 block of Norma Way; 11:30 p.m. along 1000 Murrieta Boulevard; battery 11:40 p.m. on 2200 First Street.
- Possession of stolen property reported 10:25 a.m. along 1100 Arlington Road.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 1:36 a.m. on 3700 First Street.
Thursday, Dec. 6
- Robbery reported 1 a.m. on the 1700 block of North Livermore Avenue.
- Vandalism logged: 7:15 p.m. on 400 North I Street; 9:30 p.m. along 1500 Springtown Boulevard.
- Bench warrant served 9:45 p.m. on the 600 block of Colusa Way.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 11:40 p.m. First Street at Portola Avenue.
- Suspended-license motorist cited 10:25 a.m. Railroad Avenue at South P Street.
- Incidents of individuals under the influence of controlled substances reported 12:03 a.m. along 1400 Olivina Avenue, and 11:20 p.m. on Stealth Street at Wright Brothers Avenue.
Wednesday Dec. 5
- Vehicle reported stolen 2 p.m. along 500 South K Street.
- Forgery/false checks reported 3:55 p.m. 4300 Las Positas Road.
- Shoplifting reported 8:22 p.m. on 2700 Las Positas Road.
- Assaults included: 12:57 p.m. on the 4700 block of East Avenue; 9 p.m. along 1300 Roselli Drive; 10:06 p.m. on 3100 Golden Crest Common.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest 1:44 a.m. along 1800 North Livermore Avenue.
- Use/influence of controlled substances reported 7:51 p.m. on 2300 Las Positas Road.
- Morning collision on eastbound I-580; big-rig slides down mountainside.
Tuesday, Dec. 4
- Vehicle reported stolen 1:45 p.m. along 3500 Paragon Outlets Drive.
- Vandalism logged 3 a.m. on 4600 Las Positas Road.
- DUI arrest 5:15 p.m. on Fifth Street at College Avenue.
- Motorist with marijuana cited 11:40 p.m. East and Hillcrest avenues.
- Theft reported along 4100 Greenville Road 7:15 a.m.
- Narcotics possession reported 11:14 p.m. on the 4600 blcok of Lassen Road.
- Car hits house 5:38 p.m. Jensen Street at Princeton Way.
- Solo-vehicle accident Holmes Street near Murrieta Boulevard; street closure for 12-plus hours.
- Warrant served 2:51 p.m. along 2800 Constitution Drive.
Monday, Dec. 3
- Residential burglary reported 5:20 a.m. on the 800 block of North O Street.
- Car break-ins: 5:04 a.m. along 1800 DeVaca Way; 9 p.m. 6400 Tiffany Common.
- Domestic assaults reported: 10:32 a.m. on the 2400 block of Wellingham Drive; 6 p.m. along 3200 Robertson Park Road.
- Vandalism cited 12:52 p.m. 3000 Gardella Plaza.
- Fictitious checks reported 9:30 a.m. on 800 North Vasco Road.
- Contempt-of-court violation logged 5:19 p.m. on 1500 Sixth Street.
- Drunk-and-disorderly arrest: 10:45 p.m. on 1300 Portola Avenue.
- Motorist with suspended license cited 7:55 a.m. on Pesaro Way at Livorna Street.
- Former Livermore couple dead in North Carolina suspected murder-suicide.
- I-580 police chase 3:20 a.m.; CHP flips patrol car.
Sunday, Dec. 2
- Vehicles reported stolen: 7:15 a.m. on 200 Mountain Vista Parkway; 6:30 p.m. on the 300 block of North I Street.
- Woman arrested for alleged DUI 1:59 a.m. First Street at Las Positas Road; another DUI arrest 10:31 p.m. on North P and Chestnut streets.
- Motorists with suspended licenses cited: 12:04 p.m. Albatross and Olivina avenues; 9:20 p.m. on Holmes Street at Concannon Boulevard.
- Man arrested for suspected use/influence of controlled substances 10:31 p.m. North N and Linden streets.
- Car break-in 8:30 a.m. along 800 Delaware Way.