A man in his early 20s died outside of in San Ramon after apparently overdosing from a drug Friday afternoon, San Ramon Police Lt. Dan Pratt said.
A citizen in the Crow Canyon Commons Shopping Center parking lot contacted emergency personnel after noticing someone in a car having a medical emergency at about 12:15 p.m.
The citizen recieved instructions from dispatch on how to preform CPR on the man. firefighters arrived within three minutes of being notified and declared the mad dead on scene, San Ramon Valley Fire Chief Richard Price said.
The person who tried to save the man reported there was a syringe next to him in the car.
"It appears to be the case of an overdose," Pratt said in a email.
The case is still under investigation.
Patch will update this story when more information becomes available.
You can signup for San Ramon Patch's daily newsletter here: sanramon.patch.com/newsletters