From the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce
The San Ramon Chamber of Commerce is accepting nominations for its 2012 Night of the Stars Community Awards.
Community members are encouraged to nominate deserving people for five awards: Citizen of the Year, Business Person of the Year, Educator of the Year, Employee of the Year, and "Green" Company/Individual of the Year.
"The Community Awards recognize individuals in our community who strive to make a difference," said San Ramon Chamber of Commerce Chair, Laura O'Brien. "Although there can be only one winner in each category, a nomination is a significant recognition of achievement and dedication to the improvement of our community."
Anyone may submit nominations for these awards. Nomination forms and information regarding the criteria for each award category are posted on the San Ramon Chamber website.
Nominations are due Oct 12. Forms may be faxed to 925-242-0603; mailed to the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce, 2410 Camino Ramon, Suite 125, Bishop Ranch 6, San Ramon, CA, 94583; or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please click HERE to download your nomination form.
Awards will be presented at the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce A Night of Stars to be held Thursday, Dec. 6, at Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon. Gala tickets will be available through the Chamber of Commerce.
The San Ramon Chamber presented five Community Awards in 2011:
- Citizen of the Year -- Shirley Ernest, 35-year resident of San Ramon who has supported the community innumerous ways
- Business Person of the Year -- Steve Wilcox - Summit Financial Group, LLC
- Educator of the Year -- Christy Tyler - science teacher, Gale Ranch Middle School
- Employee of the Year --Kari Gardella - ClubSport San Ramon
- Green Company of the Year -- PG & E Food Service Technology