Still looking for something to do for Mother's Day?
We've put together a round-up of Mom's Day bargains and happenings in San Ramon. Whether you feel like a pampering massage, an indulgent brunch, or a guided hike, you don't need to leave town. It's all here in San Ramon.
- To celebrate Mother's Day, Ma Jolie Salon and Spa is giving a $20 gift certificate to Incontro Restaurant when you purchase mom (or yourself) a $100 gift card to the salon.
- The Bridges Golf Club features a Mother's Day Champagne Brunch this Sunday. You get a hefty discount if you dine a little later: The price drops to $29.95 for adults after 1:30 p.m. and $15.95 for kids 6 -12. Children 5 and under eat free. The Bridges Golf Club is just one of many San Ramon restaurants offering Mother's Day brunch. Do you have a favorite? Add it to the comment box below. You can also browse our San Ramon Patch Restaurant Directory of San Ramon restaurants for more ideas.
- Looking for something a little more active on Mother's Day? Moms can bring a trail lunch and join "Women on Common Ground" for a free Las Trampas Regional Wilderness naturalist-led hike. Hikers meet at the end of Bollinger Canyon Road. For details, call 510-544-3243.
- Feeling a little stressed? The Yoga Company offers a special Mother's Day "Restorative Workshop" on Saturday from 9:30 - 11:30 a.m. Bring a friend and save: $50 for two people; $35 for one.
- Forest Home Farms celebrates Mother's Day a little early with "Storytime with the Farmer--Happy Mother's Day" on Wednesday.
- For some Mother's Day entertainment at a cost much lower than big-city theater, treat mom to KC and the Sunshine Band on Friday at the Dougherty Valley Performing Arts Center.
- The Dougherty Valley Performing Arts Center features the San Ramon Symphonic Band on Saturday for just $6 for adults (free for kids). And on Mother's Day, you can see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the St. Joan of Arc Theater.
Of course, sometimes the best Mother's Day outings are the simplest. One Patch reader said that her favorite Mother's Day outing was a family bicycle ride along the Iron Horse Trail topped off with a picnic at Central Park.
What's your favorite way to celebrate Mother's Day in San Ramon? Share your suggestions in the comment box below.