Parents from around the Tri-Valley and beyond are invited to the "'Adolescent Subcultures and Current Drug Trends" informational meeting at California High School in San Ramon on Thursday night.
The multi-media presentation will help close that information gap and provide parents with important knowledge and tools they need to navigate through those challenging adolescent years.
The adult-only event will run from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m. and people are asked to register for the event here.
- Media Influences
- Image Disorders
- At Risk Social Groups
- Most Abused Illegal Drugs
- Technology Dangers
- Prescription Drug Abuse
- Adolescent Party Scene
- Parenting Tips - What Can You Do?
Panel of Speakers
- Tim Barley, Teen Esteem
- Anna Duffy, Contra Costa County District Attorney’s Office
- Michael Schneider, San Ramon Police Department
- April Rovero, National Coalition Against Prescription Drug Abuse
- Kelly Densmore, Mothers With a Purpose
- Linda Turnbull, Teen Esteem
The event is sponsored by the San Ramon Valley Unified School District, San Ramon Valley Council of PTAs, San Ramon Police Department, Teen Esteem and the National Coalition Against Prescription Drug Abuse.