Each Monday, we highlight some events in the San Ramon Valley.
1. Cinco de Mayo celebrations – For a list of local festivities celebrating Mexican heritage this week, see our article here on .
2. Fashion Show – The Danville Women's Club is celebrating 100 years of community service in the San Ramon Valley. Its annual Spring Fashion Show and Luncheon is Thursday at Crow Canyon Country Club. Proceeds of this fundraiser will support Hospice of the East Bay and other local charities. Fashions are provided by Chico's. Tickets are $40 and must be purchased in advance from a DWC member. For tickets, call the clubhouse at 925-837-1165 and leave your name and phone number, or call Barbara Chavez at 925-838-0347.
3. Writing workshops – The City of Dublin has writing workshops for children and seniors. From 10 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. every Monday, seniors can learn fresh techniques and easy ways to polish writing projects. The eight-week sessions include revision ideas and are not dependent on the previous session. The cost is $28 for the eight-week session. On May 14, the Dublin Senior Center, in conjunction with the California Writers Club, Tri-Valley branch, will host a Grandparent-Grandchild Writing Workshop. Grandparents have a wealth of stories to tell, and so do kids. Share your memories by writing a story together. Children in grades three to six are invited to bring a grandparent and learn the keys to crafting an engaging story. You’ll learn brainstorming techniques, how to bring your characters to life, choosing the plot and much more. Bring a notebook and pencil. Both classes take place at the , 7600 Amador Valley Blvd. in Dublin. For more information, call 925-556-4511 or see the city website.
4. Children’s event – The authors of the graphic novels of “Geronimo Stilton” will conduct a 90-minute class on how to draw the character and his friends. Friday at 5 p.m. at , 4972 Dublin Blvd. in Dublin. The event is free. For more information, see our listing here on or call 925-560-1495.
5. Spring concert – On Friday evening, the San Ramon Symphonic Band, under the direction of Larry Colon, presents “That’s Italian." The evening's music was inspired by Italy, including composers Verdi and Puccini, in addition to music from the movie “The Godfather." This band is made up of 60 local musicians who volunteer their time and talent to provide quality music to the community. The concert runs from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. at the at 10550 Albion Road in San Ramon. Tickets can be purchased online or at the door. Adults $6, kids and teens with student ID are free.
Have we missed an event? Click “add your own event” on your city’s Patch site.
You can get local news, events and deals sent to your mailbox by signing up for the Patch email newsletter on our home page.