Each Monday, we highlight some upcoming events in the San Ramon Valley.
1. Support our local heroes – Baskin Robbins is hosting its from 5 to 10 p.m. Wednesday. Enjoy your favorite Baskin Robbins flavor for only 31 cents while paying tribute to local heroes. Baskin Robbins is partnering with the National Volunteer Fire Council and the National Junior Firefighter Program and will donate $100,000 to the cause. San Ramon Valley Fire personnel will be on-hand to scoop ice cream and host a “Fill the Boot Fundraiser” for muscular dystrophy. You can text 6333 (NFFF) to 50555 to make a $5 donation. Participating Baskin Robbins include the shop at 2005 Crow Canyon Place in San Ramon and at 301 Hartz Ave. in Danville.
2. Book sale – will hold its quarterly weekend book sale featuring hundreds of books, CDs and DVDs beginning Friday. Proceeds of the sale support special events at the library. The event begins Friday with a members-only preview from 9 to 10 a.m., then doors open to the public from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.. On Saturday, the sale runs from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and on Sunday from noon to 3:45 p.m. The free event will be held at the , 400 Front St.
3. Charity golf tournament – The Tri-Valley YMCA is holding its fourth , with silent and live auctions, women's beauty event, dinner and prize drawings on Friday beginning at 11 a.m. For more information or to register, visit website. The tournament takes place at Callippe Preserve Golf Course, 8500 Clubhouse Drive, Pleasanton.
4. Home school day at Forest Home Farms – Join other home schooled children from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Friday for a special day of hands-on activities and learning adventure at the farm. The program will highlight the agricultural history of the San Ramon Valley as well as daily life in the Victorian era. The day will include tours of the farm property, the tractor museum, a tour of the Glass House Museum as well as interactive activities such as wood working, making butter, tending the chickens, garden chores and Victorian-era games. During lunch break students can take a ride on a tractor ($1) and visit the Gift Shoppe. Participants must bring their own sack lunch. One adult chaperon required for each five children, but only the child must register. Participants should dress in clothing appropriate for outdoor activities, including close-toed shoes and a jacket. Ages 3 to 12. Cost is $10 per child. For more information, email email@example.com or call 925-973-3282. is at 19953 San Ramon Valley Blvd. in San Ramon.
5. Hazardous waste drop-off – Don't chuck your hazardous waste in the trash, drop it off May 7 at an event organized by the City of San Ramon, Contra Costa County and Waste Management. Free to all residents of Alamo, Blackhawk, Danville, Lafayette, Moraga, Orinda, San Ramon and Walnut Creek. Proof of residency is required. Appointment must be made prior to noon Friday. For more information and for a list of accepted items, see our post here on or call 800-207-8222.
Have we missed an event? Click “add your own event” on your city’s Patch site.
You can get local news, events and deals sent to your mailbox by signing up for the Patch e-mail newsletter on our home page.