Each Monday, we highlight some upcoming events in the San Ramon Valley.
1. Children’s storytime – Several options are available each week to expose your children to books. At 10:15 a.m. each Monday, The offers Lap-sit, stories, tickles and bounces for babies 6 to 24 months old. Each Thursday, from 11:15 to 11:45 a.m., the Dougherty Station Library offers a special story-time for preschool children. The Dougherty Station Library is at 17017 Bollinger Canyon Road in San Ramon. Toddler story-time takes places each week on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10:15 to 10:45 a.m. at the , 100 Montgomery St. in San Ramon. This story-time is designed for ages 2 1/2 to 3 ½. These programs do not require registration but the library asks that you attend the program intended for the age of your children so the stories and activities are appropriate. For more information, see the Contra Costa Library website. These activities are free.
2. Author Events – continues its author events with two programs this week. At 4 p.m. Tuesday, Yvonne Prinz will discuss her new book, "All You Get Is Me" with members of the Danville Library Teen Advisory Board and other interested teenagers. At 10 a.m. Friday, come hear MaryRose Wood talk about her new book, "The Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place: The Hidden Gallery." The authors will sign books. These events take place at Rakestraw Books, 522 Hartz Ave., in downtown Danville. For more information, call 925-837-7337 or visit its website.
3. Classic Fairy Tales – and fairy tales with the Fratello Marionettes and "The Frog Prince." This classic fairy tale tells the story of a spoiled princess who makes a promise to a frog – he's really a prince – to get back her golden ball. From 4 to 4:30 p.m. Tuesday, at the , 400 Front St., in Danville. The free event is sponsored by the Friends of the Danville Library.
4. Evening tennis – Men and women’s drop-in doubles and singles for those who have attained 3.5 or higher on the National Tennis Rating Program. Weekly on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 6:30 to 9 p.m. at , 501 Danville Blvd., in Danville. This event is free. For more information, see our listing here on .
5. Local Theater – Role Players Ensemble presents the hilarious farce, "The Foreigner" by Larry Shue. This comedy follows Charlie, a meek proofreader who fends off conversation at a rural Georgia fishing lodge by pretending he doesn't understand English. Best-laid plans go awry when "the foreigner" interacts with locals. This play opens at 8 p.m. Friday at the Village Theatre, 233 Front St., in Danville and runs until May 7. For tickets and other dates and times, see the theatre website here.
Have we missed an event? Click “add your own event” on your city’s Patch site.
You can get local news, events and deals sent to your mailbox by signing up for the Patch e-mail newsletter on our homepage.