By Sandra Ryan
The San Ramon Chamber of Commerce is now accepting nominations for its 2011 Night of the Stars Community Awards. Chamber members and community members are encouraged to nominate deserving people for five awards:
- Citizen of the Year
- Business Person of the Year
- Educator of the Year
- Employee of the Year
- "Green" Company/Individual of the Year
The Community Awards recognize the achievement and dedication of chamber members and local citizens who strive to make a difference in the San Ramon community. There is no limit on how many nominations an individual can submit.
Nominations are due Oct. 3. Click HERE for Nomination forms and Award Descriptions.
Nomination Forms may be faxed to 925.242.0603; mailed to the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce, 2410 Camino Ramon, Suite 125, Bishop Ranch 6, San Ramon, CA, 94583; or emailed to email@example.com.
Awards will be presented at the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce Night of Stars to be held Dec. 8 at Bridges Golf Club in San Ramon. Tickets will be available through the San Ramon Chamber of Commerce.
2010 Community Award recipients were the following:
- Citizen of the Year, April Rovero, National Coalition Against Prescription Drug Abuse
- Business Person of the Year, Lucky Sandhu, Reliance Financial
- Educator of the Year, Joseph Ianora, principal, San Ramon Valley High School
- Employee of the Year, Carla Goulart, Sentinels of Freedom
- "Green" Company of the Year, eWaste Direct, San Ramon, owned by Joe and Angie Nelson
- Chamber of Commerce Ambassador of the Year, Mary Whipple, Law offices of Mary Whipple
- Hero of the Year, Diane Govnik, a teacher at Monte Vista High School, was nominated by her student Raquel Livson. The San Ramon Valley Leadership group coordinates the Hero of the Year program.
Sponsorship opportunities are available. Contact the Chamber office for more information, at 925.242.0600.